Microsoft Word/Table

Question
Granville
Granville  
QUESTION: Hi:   Word 2007
I made a table with 5 columns and 30 rows.I see that it prints to 2 pages. I want all on one page. I reduced the text size to 10.
A little better but still 2 pages. I have a large blank area at the top of the page. How can I move the entire table closer to the top ?
Thanks

ANSWER: For suggestions on table management, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/KeepTableOn1Page.htm and http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/ControlPgBrksInTables.htm. The large space could be caused by Spacing After the title paragraph, but more likely there are empty paragraphs between the title and the table. Display nonprinting characters (Ctrl+*) to see them, then delete. If there are none, then check the formatting on the title paragraph. If that's not the problem, then consider whether the table might be wrapped; on the Table tab of Table Properties, make sure text wrapping is set to None.

QUESTION: Thanks , but where do i find Table Properties?

Answer
When you select a table, you will see the contextual Table Tools tabs. On the Layout tab, in the Table group, is a button for Properties. But the easiest way to get to the properties is to right-click anywhere in the table and choose Table Properties... from the shortcut menu.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill