Microsoft Word/author in Word 2007

hello,Mahesh,how've you been?

My new question: I want to establish a different author for each file. But when I click the Office button, then at the bottom right I click Word options to enter an author's name, I find that all documents, regardless of who created them, bear the same author!
Is there a way to establish an author's name reflecting the actual author, so that when John creates one document, it will bear his name; when Kelly creates a document, it will bear her name, and so on.
Your reply?

Hi Chris,

The author name is picked up by default from the applications "user" name field.  However, instead of changing the author through Word - Advanced options, you can change it through the properties menu.  

Simply click on the office button - Prepare - Properties.  A horizontal ribbon will appear on the screen which will show you properties of the existing document.  The fields are editable there.  You can change the name of the author to the desired author name.

Hope this helps.

Mahesh K  
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

I will be able to answer questions relating to MsWord operations. Any kind of troubleshooting, formatting tricks, shortcuts, etc. which people will need help on. I can also troubleshoot/format documents which are challenging for some users. It helps if users send the document in question along with the query.

I have been a word processor and handling a word processing team for 3yrs. Also been a trainer for word processing.

I had been a expert in this panel before.

B.Sc (Physics)