Microsoft Word/combine documents in Word 2007

Question
hello Suzanne, how are you?

A short while ago, when I posed my questions about combining documents and the trouble I was having, I suggested that the problem did not lie in what I was doing wrong, but rather the trouble was due to some corruption in the computer.
You replied that this was a possibility, and you gave me a site that would allow me to check  that assumption.
I have misplaced that reply, so I ask  that you send it to me again.
I appreciate your understanding.

Chris

Answer
The only reply I can find that seems to even slightly meet this description is this one:

"If the procedure works as expected in Word 2003 and 2010, then certainly something is different in 2007. I doubt that it's corrupted--more likely, your hunch that some Track Changes Options setting is different is correct--but fortunately, Word 2007 is the easiest version there is to repair: go to Office Button | Word Options | Resources and click Diagnose."

I also suggested that you post your question in the Microsoft Community:

"The Microsoft Community (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word) is your best bet. When you ask a question, there's a box to check to be notified of replies. When you get the email, there's a link back to your question.

"In order to ask a question, you must create a profile (which requires a LiveID, which you probably already have), and you can sign in and go to that profile and find all your questions listed. See the Getting Started page (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Page/gettingstarted) and the FAQ page (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Page/faq) for more information."

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill