Microsoft Word/combining documents

Question
hello Aidan

I recently sent you a question regarding combining documents.
I came up with the idea of trying the same procedure in Word 2003 and Word 2010. In these two editions, the problem that I'm encountering in Word 2007 does not exist !!
What does this mean? Is my edition of Word 2007 corrupted, or more likely, the settings in the Track Changes Options dialog box are different from those in the older and newer editions. How can I find out?

thanks

Chris

Answer
My GUESS would be that it's an "improvement" made by microsoft that has actually made things worse - my clue that it's an improvement comes from http://www.computertraininggeorgia.com/2009/06/word-2007-enhances-compare-and-me - which may also give you some clues as to the way to do it (and possibly the changes)
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage