Microsoft Word/Mail Merge Printing from Different Trays

I have a mail merge document that is two pages in length. I want to print the first page on letterhead and the second page on regular paper. I have changed the Paper Source under Page Layout to no avail. Both pages still print on letterhead. How do I get it to recognize the second page as not being the first page and print on regular paper?

Hi Steve,

Assuming this is a Letter-type mail merge, you should set the appropriate paper trays
for "First page" and "Other pages" in the mail merge main document, you
*should* get the correct results in the merged document since each "letter"
is a separate section, and the paper tray assignments are per-section.

Hope this helps.

Mary Lindsey
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mary A Lindsey

I can answer all Microsoft Office 2000 to 2007 Word questions regarding formatting, styles, shortcut keys, simple macros, templates, forms, TOC, TOA, Index, Cross-References, etc. NO VBA.

Over 15 years as a legal Word Processing support personnel and Microsoft Word Master Instructor

Microsoft Office Master Instructor