Microsoft Word/Prevention of image copying in MS Word generated PDF files.

I have an image I use in my documents that are emailed that I do not want people to be able to copy.  I have tried the Office protect function in word and it protects against unauthorized editing, but you can still use the right click on the mouse to copy the text and images into another document.

Can you either suggest a creative method... I am computer literate... or another software that will allow me to do this. I have tried inserting the macro that I found on the Web, but I have been told that there are some problems in the licensing by Adobe and not all the protections work.

I would really appreciate any assistance you can give me... Thanks in advance and have a good day..

Thank you for the question.

If your document does not need to be a word document, I would print/save the file (with image embedded) as a .pdf image.  To accomplish this you must have the Adobe Acrobat Professional version.  Adobe allows you to save your file as an image as long as you have a license to use the Adobe Acrobat Professional software.

Hope this helps.

Mary Lindsey  
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mary A Lindsey

I can answer all Microsoft Office 2000 to 2007 Word questions regarding formatting, styles, shortcut keys, simple macros, templates, forms, TOC, TOA, Index, Cross-References, etc. NO VBA.

Over 15 years as a legal Word Processing support personnel and Microsoft Word Master Instructor

Microsoft Office Master Instructor