Microsoft Word/printing problem in Word 2010

Question
hi Adian,how are you?

I'm experiencing an unexpected problem, when printing in
Word 2010 (and Windows 7)

No matter what I do on the Print page, telling the machine to print in Portrait orientation, it prints only in Landscape orientation. I tried this in several files.

Thanks, Chris

Answer
i've not come across this and it ALMOST sounds as though it may be related to the printer - possibly an issue with the driver, or POSSIBLY the default settings - I'm not aware of anything in word that would cause a document to NOT print in the specified orientation (there would be little point in it having this setting!)
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage