Microsoft Word/Return to Table of Contents after saving to PDF

I am trying to figure out how to have a Return to Table of Contents link at the bottom of every page of my document and have it work after it is saved as a PDF. I tried a hyperlink in the Footer, but the link does not work in the footer as a PDF. So, I created a text box with the hyperlink and pasted it over the footer which works, but I have to paste it on each page and if I edit the document the text boxes move. Is there a better way of doing this? Is there a way to anchor the text box in the main document to the footer so it will work in a PDF, but not move when I edit the document? I am using Word 2007.
Please help me,
Thank you,

I've tried to research this for you but have had little luck I'm afraid - although I know how word works, I'm not up to speed on the creation of PDF files, and it is the functionality of those that is causing the problem - possibly having a two cell table, with the top cell being marked as a header to repeat - the second cell would have to be a page high - however, I think this would cause issues with the wrapping.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards