Microsoft Word/Word 2010 Hidden Test Box

Question
Utilizing a form to capture sample information.  Desire to have a hidden text box that appears when I mouse over the field.  the text box will contain brief instructions.

Answer
My method for filling in templates has usually been to use VBA with a dialog box and fields on this to gather the information - I'm not 100% sure of the best way to do what you are after - POSSIBLY using the legacy controls and inserting an ActiveX textBox control would be the way to go - in this example, the field is called TextBox1 and the message is not especially helpful

Private Sub TextBox1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
MsgBox "hi mum"
End Sub

but it would work!

I'm not sure what level you need this reply at, so if you need more information please do get back to me - if it helps, my direct email is aidan.heritage@virgin.net
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage