Microsoft Word/Headers

I'm writing a novel and have the chapter number in each chapter heading. Therefore, I did not select "same as previous" for the chapter headings. However, when I got to Chapter 33, "same as previous" was somehow added to all the following chapters and I can't figure out how to change this. Any ideas? I've tried to simply click it away, but it doesn't change anything.

Diana, the first thing I would do is make a second or backup copy of your document before you do anything.

Editing/repairing something like this can be very difficult and you can end up back at page one tryin to fix it.  

If I understand correctly you have many chapters after Chapter 33.  If you want to try and fix it you would start at the end of the document and go backwards to the error at Chapter 33.  I do not know what effect this will have on the document.

It is not clear what effect the same as previous is having on the subsequent pages, if  you are manually inserting a heading on each page.  

When you say clicking it away - do you mean you clicked on break the link?

The following may be helpful

All the best
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski

Microsoft Office 97 to 2010. Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor and MOUS Master Certified. Sr. Instructional Designer for International IT Certification for Activ, the only UK-based provider of approved training and testing software for ECDL Foundation and British Computer Society Qualifications

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Sr Instructional Designer for International IT Certification and test designer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified, was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.