Microsoft Word/MSWord Dropdown list for a form

Hi, I want to add a drop down box in a form in MSword 2007, but word will only let you enter 25 responses. I would like to add a country list, so how does one add a list of countries(50 plus entries)? How can u add more than 1 at a time? Can u copy & paste the list?

Hello CN:

Thanks for the question.

MS Word 2007 does not allow more than 25 responses in a dropbox, but you may be able to add two dropboxes to get all 50 states.  I recommend the first 13 letters of the alphabet followed by the last 13 letters.

To respond to the questions you asked.

1.  You cannot add more than 1 at a time; and
2.  You may be able to copy and paste, but only 1 at a time.

Good luck

Mary Lindsey
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mary A Lindsey

I can answer all Microsoft Office 2000 to 2007 Word questions regarding formatting, styles, shortcut keys, simple macros, templates, forms, TOC, TOA, Index, Cross-References, etc. NO VBA.

Over 15 years as a legal Word Processing support personnel and Microsoft Word Master Instructor

Microsoft Office Master Instructor