Microsoft Word/Organizing files

How do I move a Word file from one folder to a different folder? I have Word 2007. Thanks very much.

Michael.  You would need to know which folder the file was saved in.  If you are not sure open the document and use the F12 key (SAVE AS) and look at the pathway.
example: C:\Users\Michael\Documents

Close the file, you can not move an open file.

Go to the Windows Explorer Window .  You can find it on the START menu > Computer or Documents or My Documents

Now you find the file > Right Click > Cut

Go to the new folder and right click > Paste.

You can use keystrokes if you want.
CTRL+X to cut and CTRL+V to paste.  You can also use the Edit menu.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski

Microsoft Office 97 to 2010. Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor and MOUS Master Certified. Sr. Instructional Designer for International IT Certification for Activ, the only UK-based provider of approved training and testing software for ECDL Foundation and British Computer Society Qualifications

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Sr Instructional Designer for International IT Certification and test designer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified, was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.