Microsoft Word/My Pictures folder Office 2007

I often want to select several photos and open them all at the same time or insert them in an e-mail.  When I do this I create 'copy' photos in the folder.  I do not know how I do this and would really like to stop doing it.  I use either the 'shift' key to select photos in series or the 'control' key to select individual photos.  I was just trying to select photos to insert in an e-mail and in the process I created 4 sets of the same photos all marked 'copy' 1, 2, 3, 4 respectfully.
Any idea what I am is very frustrating going back and re-selecting the copied photos for deletion.  Sometimes I actually manage to create additional copies while trying to delete existing copies.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

It is indeed an annoyance, and is discussed on various sites - for instance, - though it isn't resolved as such.  My method would be to have the target program open and use file open from here - though as the file open dialog is actually a mini explorer window even this may not resolve the problem (though I haven't experience the issue when doing it this way and have if copying them directly from explorer).

Sorry if this hasn't necessarily given you an answer you can use.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards