Microsoft Word/Removing headers, footers, page numbering and page outline

Hello:  As an author of a book being published and out to the market next month, I have an MS Word 7 question that I have not been able to find a solution to.

Question:  In my book there are headers, footers, page numbers and page outlines on every page in the book.  I need to know how I can removed each of these features midstream through the book and then continue again with the features.

The page of some pages have no text and should be blank but I cannot find a way to remove the header, footer, page number or page outline on those pages.  If I can leave these pages blank, then there is no charge for these pages when the book is printed for the open market.  How can I get these pages to remain blank?  Being able to do so will save me a lot of money which will help me reduce the cost of the book to the public.  Please, please help me.

With sincere thanks,

Hello Deborah,

Congratulations on your new book.

To remove the features you mentioned, insert a "Next Page Section Break" at the page preceding where you want the changes to occur - (i.e., On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Breaks. Click the Next Page Section Break). Insert the Next Page Section Break again to make other changes.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Mary Lindsey

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mary A Lindsey

I can answer all Microsoft Office 2000 to 2007 Word questions regarding formatting, styles, shortcut keys, simple macros, templates, forms, TOC, TOA, Index, Cross-References, etc. NO VBA.

Over 15 years as a legal Word Processing support personnel and Microsoft Word Master Instructor

Microsoft Office Master Instructor