Microsoft Word/Creating our own table format

Hi Mahesh,

I am using MS Word 2003 in my office. Part of standardisation, we are creating our own styles.  One of such requirement is to have our own table style.
As per our requirement, header row font and style is different one from the details section.  But while trying to define our own style, the changes are affecting the entire table.  I am not able to maintain specific format to heading alone.  I selected "Header row" and did the changes.  Then when I selected "Whole table" it affected the entire table.  How to achieve this?.  Could you help me out.

-Sridharan R

Hi Sridharan,

The changes made to the table heading style should not impact the overall table if the rest of the table has a different style which is not based on the heading style.  Check whether the rest of the table has a different style and if that style is based on "Normal" instead of your heading style.

Hope this helps.

Mahesh K
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

I will be able to answer questions relating to MsWord operations. Any kind of troubleshooting, formatting tricks, shortcuts, etc. which people will need help on. I can also troubleshoot/format documents which are challenging for some users. It helps if users send the document in question along with the query.

I have been a word processor and handling a word processing team for 3yrs. Also been a trainer for word processing.

I had been a expert in this panel before.

B.Sc (Physics)