Microsoft Word/page deletion

QUESTION: please tell me a foolproof way of deleing a word page in a document when that page is

right in the front
right last
in the center somewhere

thank you

ANSWER: Hi Aamir,

Which version of MS Word are you using?

Dale :-)

QUESTION: it is 2010   would you have an answer   thnk you

Hello Aamir,

Thanks for the quick response.

I don't use 2010 but here is how the MS Mavens say to get rid of a page:

Delete a blank page
Make sure that you're in Draft view (on the View menu in the status bar, click Draft). If nonprinting characters, such as paragraph markers (∂), are not visible, on Home, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide Paragraph mark.

To delete a blank page, select the page break at the end of the page, and then press DELETE.
Delete a single page of content
You can select and delete a single page of content anywhere in your document.

Place your cursor anywhere in the page of content that you want to delete.
On the Home tab, in the Find group, click the arrow next to Find, and then click Go To.
Word Ribbon image

Type \page and then click Go To.
The content of the page is selected.

Click Close, and then press DELETE.

Good luck.

Dale :-)  
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Dale F. Wiley

I must report that I donít use Word 2003, 2007 or 2010 and have yet to be convinced that I need them. Microsoft Word 97 Microsoft Word 2000 Microsoft Word 2002 Please note: I will not answer questions about Fields, Statements, Formulas, Macros, creating and writing specific macros, VBA (Visual Basic Editor) and the Microsoft Script Editor I am willing to answer questions about: Envelopes, Mailing Labels, Database, Graphics, WordArt, Interactive Forms, Formatting, Faxes, Letters, Lists, Newsletters, Tables, Web Pages, Email, Hyperlinks, Bookmarks, HTML, Table of Contents, Footnotes, Endnotes, AutoText, AutoCorrect, Headers and Footers, Converting Documents, Customizing Toolbars and Toolbar Icons, Margins, Page Settings, Layout, Dictionaries, Languages, Find and Replace, Mail Merge, Printing, Saving Cut, Copy, Paste, Paste Special, Office Clipboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, Font Lists, Customizing, Options, Templates, Bullets, Numbering, Borders, Using Themes, Fields, Symbols, Document Map, Find and Replace, etc.

Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word in particular is one of the most popular programs that our firm, Computer Help provides instruction, one on one tutoring and consultation. I personally use MS Word for almost every task: Envelopes, Mailing Labels, Database, WordArt, Interactive Forms, Faxes, Letters, Lists, Newsletters, Tables, Email Editor and much more. The exception, Graphics and Web Pages. For graphics I use Ulead's PhotoImpact and Microsoft's FrontPage for web site design.

Our column, COMPUTER Help's Q&A The Internet - E-mail,
appears in the Sun City Center PC Computer Club's Newsletter.

Formerly the #1 rated Microsoft Word Expert at since volunteering there in December 2000. In that time, responding to thousands of questions most of which were specific to Microsoft Word.