Microsoft Word/Track Changes -Options

Hi Nancy,
I was hoping that you could answer a question about Track Changes- Options in Word 2010.  I know that you can change the Colors - for the deletions, insertions, authors, etc.
What I want/need to know- is if there is a way to choose the Track Changes Option so that the changes are Numbered?  I have seen a Word document that has all of the changes numbered -instead of using colors- and the attorney wants to know how can we do that?
I have  not been able to find an answer in Word 2010 yet?
Can you please tell me how to use the Track Changes with Numbering each change instead of using colors?  Thank you for your help! :)

Joan, I am not aware of a way to have Word include numbers for Track changes.  The following link to Microft training shows all the Track changes options available for Word 2010.

Within the same document you can change the user name each time the document is updated and a different color will be used and represent the latest changes, not sure if that will help.

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski

Microsoft Office 97 to 2010. Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor and MOUS Master Certified. Sr. Instructional Designer for International IT Certification for Activ, the only UK-based provider of approved training and testing software for ECDL Foundation and British Computer Society Qualifications

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Sr Instructional Designer for International IT Certification and test designer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified, was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.