Microsoft Word/Drop down menus are invisible on Office 2003

Question
Hi

I am unable to see the menus in Word, Excel or Powerpoint 2003, SP3.  I have tried deleting the registry key and reloading and this didnt work and also uninstalled and reinstalled Office prof edition and still not working.  Right click menus are not available either.  Can you help me please.

Answer
This seems very odd if it is affecting all programs in the office suite - my first thought was full screen view, but that would be program specific so wouldn't be the problem.  I would SUSPECT therefore that it may relate to the graphics display of the computer - this has happened to at least one other as http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-office/47001-invisible-drop-down-menus-all-ms talks about it, but may not resolve it.  It could also relate to the colour scheme (possibly) - in the distant past I had to manually reset a users colour scheme as she liked pink and had set EVERY setting to pink - which resulted in pink text on a pink background with pink command buttons - not ideal.  With the modern operating systems it probably isn't this but you MAY have same colour text and background so it's worth a check.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage