Microsoft Word/Header issue

My problem is related to word header error. In my all guides i have header containing the chapter name and guide name. the language set for the UI of Office is US English. But my client uses Office (German version. when i share guides with client he sees the following error in the header in German language:

Error! Use the Home tab to apply Titre 1 to the text that you want to appear here.

i tried the solutions provided at microsoft community, but it did not help resolve the problem any way.

Could you please provide me a workaround to resolve this error.

ANSWER: I've not come across this error, and only have an English (UK) version installed, so I'm guessing I'm not going to be able to help very much - but I am happy to try - would it be possible to see a sample document which I can then try to get to duplicate the message?  My email is

QUESTION: Actually this error is found at client end, we didnt even notice this error in the document shared by client. As per my company norms, i might not be able to share the doc.

Any solution is appreciated. This happens only in the documents created by client in German version

Yes, I would expect it to only error on the German one (otherwise you would already have seen the error) - it may well be one of those issues that is hard to get to the bottom of.  I can see that a lot of posted documents online have this message, but couldn't spot any suggested solutions - I understand company confidentiality - this is why I suggested a sample document - if your client can get the error showing in a mocked up document, that would perhaps be possible to share - but I suspect I may still draw a blank.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards