Microsoft Word/Table tent templates

QUESTION: how can I make a 5x7 (to be folded so folded dimensions will be a bit smaller) using word?  I have tried office templates but once I type in my text it automatically fills it in on both sides of the template.  I need one side French and the other English.  Ideally I would like to get 2 cards out of 1 81/2 by 11 sheet of paper.

ANSWER: You didn't say which templates you had used, but I would think that using one of these would be the solution - there will be fields in use (I would imagine) and all you need to do is to remove these fields.  Starting from scratch, you could simply create a document in the right orientation - the only issue I can see is that one side would need to be inverted text - if you can send me a link to the document you have tried I can check out more thoroughly what you need to do to get it to work as you want.

QUESTION: Thank you for the quick response.  Here is the a link to the template I tried to use|

I don't currently have access to a copy of office 2013, BUT I think this version (which is an older version of word) MIGHT do what you want

The text in this is an unbound series of text boxes, so just overtyping the document should give you what you want.  Let me know if you still need me to look at the version you found and I will try and arrange to get office 2013 installed (I'm going to need it sooner or later anyway!)
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards