Microsoft Word/table in word

Question
pardon me   this is last  you have plenty else to do

they say use the paragraph mark where you want to start a new row  by paragraph mark i am assuming the dollar type symbol which is also used for formatting  for the first time i can click that to start a row   but for another row, my first notation goes away and it is back to square 1   am i using the wrong symbol as paragraph marker

thank you
i hope you are able to link this question with the two other very recent ones

Answer
If you are converting text to a table, breaking at paragraphs, then you'll get a new cell everywhere there is a paragraph break, indicated by when you have nonprinting characters displayed. This symbol appears every time you press Enter to start a new paragraph.

To start a new row at the end of an existing table, you can just press Tab in the last cell of the table. To insert a new row or rows in a table, select a row or rows, right-click, and choose Insert > Rows Above/Rows Below.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill