Microsoft Word/word 2010 proper formatting

Question
good morning  i have another question  apprehension is that your intellect is so high that when we stupid folks do not put a question "precisely" the way you want it, you say you do not understand and we should go somewhere else  at that time because of time we drop the question

1 how to properly format a word document say a resume   is format the right word i do not know  you will say i don't know either because i don't know what you are talking about
2 the objective is to prepare an appealing resume which will appeal
3 one aspect would be you have sub-headings   name of employer,
date of employment,  location,   work done,   accomplishments,
all these are as rows not columns  some companies will have a long name   some short
4 so how to set up so that the actual names of two companies one say in row 6  and the other in row 21, are aligned in the vertical so that their starting point is the same and their end point is the same  if the name of company in row 21 is very long, it should continue on the line below   are you with me?
5 i said row 6 and 21  you might say word does not have rows and columns like excel so i cannot answer your question
we can take that as line 6 and line 21

thank you

Answer
If you look at the résumé templates provided by Microsoft, you'll see that most of them are set up using tables and styles. A specific paragraph style is applied to the employment dates, location, employer name, etc., and each item is in a separate cell; text within the cell will wrap as needed. You can find many résumé templates for various versions of Word at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=resume&queryid=b5cb2. You can select 2010 under Word in the left panel to narrow the selection to just that version.

You can also find these templates by selecting "Resumes and CVs" or "New resume samples" in the "Office.com Templates" section of File | New in Word 2010. Or you can use some of the installed résumé templates displayed under Sample Templates at File | New.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill