Microsoft Word/Word forms

I've set up a word form and I'm trying to set it up to allow tabbing throughout check boxes and text boxes. Word skips over the check boxes everytime...what am I doing wrong?

and...I'm trying to limit characters in a form, who do you do that?

Many Thanks,

Which version of word?  And is it possible to see the form ( will get me) as this will help too.  If not possible, version of Word should do - don't want to provide advice for the wrong version, as they do work differently for forms.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards