Microsoft Word/Avery DVD Templete

Question
QUESTION: I have win7 and Avery DVD Templete 8692 TM for making DVD Lables.

I open the Templete in Microsoft Office 2010 and I can type on it.

But when I insert a photo the only thing I can do is Drag the corner boxes aroung the photo to resize the photo.

But I can not Drag the photo and put it ware I want it.

I did this before but I forget how.

Please help.

ANSWER: If the wrapping on the photo is In Line With Text, then you can drag it only where there is text. If you change the wrapping to another style, you can drag it freely, but it will still be anchored to a text paragraph (the content of one of the cells). For more about graphics on labels, see http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm.

QUESTION: Sorry there is no text on my Lable.

I open my Lable Templete and import a photo.

I can select it and Drag the corner Boxes to re size it but I can not move it.

Why?

ANSWER: Every label is a table cell containing an end-of-cell marker, which has the same function as a paragraph mark in ordinary text. Even if there is no visible text, a wrapped graphic is anchored to the end-of-cell marker in one of the cells. If you want only the graphic in a table cell, then you should insert it In Line With Text. Regardless of where you insert the photo, you should be able to drag it from one cell to another, but it can't occupy more than one cell unless it is wrapped, in which case it will probably have to be Behind Text. Did you read the referenced article?

QUESTION: I did but I am having trable getting rid of the Cell.

Say I open a DVD Lable Templete before I go to insert a photo you say there is still a Text Cell or Box there.

How can I get rid of it and just have the Lable to work with?

Answer
In previous replies I was starting from a premise of ordinary labels, overlooking the fact that this is a DVD label format, which probably doesn't use a table but perhaps text boxes instead. Without actually downloading the template, I can't be sure, but if the labels use text boxes, then you can't have graphics in them except as In Line With Text. You can have a graphic formatted as Behind Text if you are wanting to put text in the text box with the graphic behind.

It would help to know exactly which label template you're using. Are you using stock number 8962? And the template found at http://goo.gl/WQm09X? There is a built-in label definition for Avery 8962 in Word 2010, and it does use a table, but it appears to be the same as 8965 (jewel case inserts) rather than the actual DVD label.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill