Microsoft Word/line spacing in Word 03

Question
I have some material typed with single spacing, and I need to go back and change the line spacing, probably to 1.5. In my old WordPerfect, I'm thinking I could do that by going to the top and making the change - and pressing Enter. I feel sure there's a way in the Word 03 program, but I can't find it. Can you help me?

Thanks -

Answer
line spacing is a function of the paragraph - so there are various ways of changing it. If the entire document has a single style you can use format, styles to modify the style - this will then apply globably.  Alternatively, you can use Edit, Select All (or Ctrl A) then format, paragraph and set the line spacing to whatever you wished.  Finally, you could do edit find and use the replace section to change the format (you would need to click the more button to get this option) - you can replace all single spaced paragraphs with 1.5 spaced etc.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage