Microsoft Word/Microsoft word/avery template numbering

I work for a printing company, we need to make labels (avery 5960) to read like this for example:

Invoice Book
1000 - 1025

Next one to automatically generate
Invoice Book
1026 - 1050
and so forth.

our previous program was so old, it finally gave out. but it use to ask starting #, number of books, then what increment to use.

is there a easy way to get what we want? handwriting numbers for 50 books is getting tiring!

Hi Laura,

This program you speak of may have been programmed by macros to ask the correct questions.

I also believe that if you use a program such as Microsoft Access (or even Excel) you can create a mail merge, for example to produce the labels.

Hope this helps

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Mary A Lindsey

I can answer all Microsoft Office 2000 to 2007 Word questions regarding formatting, styles, shortcut keys, simple macros, templates, forms, TOC, TOA, Index, Cross-References, etc. NO VBA.

Over 15 years as a legal Word Processing support personnel and Microsoft Word Master Instructor

Microsoft Office Master Instructor