Microsoft Word/Can the toolbar icons be rearranged in word 2007?

Question
Hello Dale,

Because I prefer as much vertical distance on my screen as possible, I and to put it mildly, "do not like" the Ribbon. So I hide it. As you know, this presents its own difficulties.

Only recently, I learned how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, putting on it most of the icons I regularly use. Word, however, has placed them randomly, so I would like to rearrange them in some sort of logical order; but Word seems not to allow  that.

Is it possible to rearrange them; and if so, how?

(Incidentally, is there a way of hiding the Ribbon in much the same way as can be done with the toolbar, so that putting the mouse on the top edge of the screen, then lowering it again, makes the Ribbon appear and disappear automatically?)

regards,
Bud

Answer
Hi Bud,

My answer will reflect Microsoft Word 2002 which is the version I am using however, I may be able to answer the first part of your question.

Click the down pointer at the end of the Quick Access Toolbar and choose More Commands and then Customize from the Word Options Menu and from here you can move the Icons Around any way you want.

Donít know that you can make the Ribbon appear and disappear automatically but feel free to   ask one or all of the other volunteers about this issue.

One of them just may have run into a similar situation and they all are a lot smarter than I am.

http://allexperts.com/el/1058-9/Microsoft-Word/

Good Luck.

Dale :-)

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Dale F. Wiley