Microsoft Word/Picture placement different from Print Preview

Question
Hello Nancy,

I have a pictures that refuse to print in their assigned place on a page. Their size is exactly that as between header and footer. Print Preview shows them to be properly positioned; and yet they insist on being printed at what appears to be one full space——13 points or so lower than their assigned placement.

The Show Paragraph Marks facility does not show any hidden spaces or anything.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

ATB,
Dan

Answer
Format Picture window
Format Picture window  
Dan, I am not seeing which version of Word you are using but you should be able to right click the image and from the CM select "Size and Position", Click on Text Wrapping and select "Tight", Click on the Position TAB, you will seep options in the right column to select what you want the image relative to.  The page, a margin etc.

Text wrapping in combination with Absolute and relative position should place your image where you want it to be.

I have attached an image.

Nancy
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski