Microsoft Word/Printing word document in PDF

Hello Aidan

I created a document at in Microsoft Word and converted to PDF. However, when it is printed in Adobe Reader, the margins are a lot bigger than it looks on the computer screen. Although in the print preview they are big as well.

In Adobe Reader I clicked print and "shrink oversized pages" is selected. When I select "custom scale 100%" the margins looks better. The text fits on an A4 page which is what I saved the document to print on.  So I am wondering why it suggests it is oversized. Also, is there a way I can set it up so that it does not automatically shrink the text?  I do not want the margins to be too big because I will then have to make the text too small.

The document prints out well in Microsoft Word.

Regards Richard.

I'm afraid this sounds as though it is an Acrobat question - you say this document looks fine in word, so at some point in the conversion or the settings in Acrobat the problem then manifests itself.  I'm afraid I'm not an expert in Acrobat (nor the saveas acrobat option in Word) so I'm not able to help in this instance - my apologies.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards