Microsoft Word/AutoCorrect "Add" button grayed out

Question
Hi Suzanne - I must be missing something simple here, but I can’t figure it out.  I am trying to add an entry to AutoCorrect in Word 2013, Windows 7.  I go to Options, Proofing, AutoCorrect, and the “Replace text as  you type” box is checked.  I type my entries into the “Replace” and “With” boxes, and the “Add” button is still grayed out.  How do I add my entry?

Answer
What is the replacement you're trying to make? That is, what is the text in the "Replace" box and in the "With" box? Do you have this problem with any entry you try to add or only specific ones? Did you paste text into either box? If so, what is the language applied to the pasted text (the language at the insertion point in the document you copied from)?
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill