Microsoft Word/Pagination

Question
I work in a training department, and we are trying to create a new format for our facilitator guides. We would like the even page (left) for the facilitator notes and the odd page (right) the student manual page. We would also like the facing pages to have the same page number, like this:

1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 3

Is there a way to do this without putting in section breaks after each odd page? These docs are quite large and we have a number of people contributing to them, so the easier the better. We have Word 2010. Thanks!

Answer
It would be possible but it would need some manipulation of the field codes - effectively you would have a different odd and even, and put the necessary maths to get the page number to reflect what you wanted - see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/pagenumbering.htm for a discussion on this which should give you the methodology.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage