Microsoft Word/Mail merge & PPT autorun

I would need to send many emails using the same template and send autorun ppt for presentation during work and I've found difficulties in it. Could you please help?

1. Mail Merge
I need to send many personalized e-mails to bosses, cc their sec. using the same e-mail template. Please advise how I can do this.

2. PPT autorun
I need to send an e-mail to foreign country for presentation. It's not possible for us to use e-mail sending the large movie clip. (Compression, use of external software etc. don't work) Therefore, we try to insert a hyperlink onto the ppt. Do you know if the hyperlink could be autorun without clicking it?

Thanks a lot!!!

(1) You didn't specify the version of Word, but all versions will let you mail merge to email - see for a very quick overview.
(2) the only way to automatically do something would be via some form of scripting, which in an email would be interpreted as a virus, so as far as I know you won't be able to get it to auto-run without interaction.

HOPEFULLY this gives you what you need to know, but do let me know if I can help further.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards