Microsoft Word/Watermark inserts as a grayed out box

Question
Hello Nancy.  I hope you can help...i'm ready to tear my hair out!
I've encountered this issue before but cannot remember how it was resolved.  I'm in Print View on Word Mac 2011 and can insert some JPEG files for my watermark that show up, and I can do the same exact process for other JPEGs that do not show up, but look like a grayed out box.
Any ideas to what is happening here?

Answer
Tammy, I would check the scale level of the inserted image.   If it is set at 100% and the dimensions of the image is 4x6 inches and the other image dimensions are 15x20 inches, you may end up with what appears to be a grey box.

I hope this helps.

Nancy
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski