Microsoft Word/Track Changes in a Protected Document

Question
Needed by April 30. I am using MSWord 2010. I created a pre-formatted template report that is a password protected document so that the formatting of sections/headers is preserved. I created fields so that people can input data and these are the only sections that can be edited/changed. I selected Editing restrictions of "No Changes (read only).  The problem is, when the reports are reviewed by management, REVIEW/TRACK CHANGES cannot be turned on to show changes made. ACCEPT/REJECT is grayed out as well. How can track changes be used for only the sections that are editable w/o altering the formatting of section headers?

Thank you!

Answer
(found in question pool)

Not sure if this answer will help, but take a look at http://www.itg.ias.edu/content/protecting-track-changes

As an alternative (which may be more appropriate), have all changes accepted in the document, have tracked changes turned on and then restrict the editing - this would enable you to see the changes that have been made.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage