Microsoft Word/Unable to Fill in Blanks on Restricted Form

Question
we have a restricted job application form that users should be able to fill in the blanks on. I did a file save as and saved it to my desktop and am unable to type into the various fields that are supposed to be filled in.  I.e. application date:  I should be able to type into the date field.  The cursor keeps defaulting to the top left of the document and I cannot click or tab anywhere within the document to type the information in.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Marge

Answer
sorry for the delay in replying - half term got in the way rather sooner than I expected.  It sounds as though the file is saved with protection on either NOT for forms, or for forms but with the wrong sections protected.  If the document is unprotected and then protected again this should resolve it - you MAY need to check that it has section breaks in the right place.  If you have any problems with this I'm more than happy to look at the file - my email being aidan.heritage@virgin.net
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage