Microsoft Word/Microsoft Word 2007 - Footer Question

Hi Nancy,

How do I retain all specifications of a footer that includes specific alignment and multiple graphics, so I can copy/paste in future documents or save it to the gallery of footer templates?

Aaron, I would save the document with only the footer data as a Word Template and use it as the basis for new documents that you want this footer to appear.

The following is a free Microsoft tutorial for creating Templates.

Basically you use the File > Save As Feature
Save as Type > Template *.dotx extension

Then to use it is File > (office Button) > New > My Templates
select the template you saved and it will appear as a new blank document1 which you will then save.

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Nancy C. Janyszeski

Microsoft Office 97 to 2010. Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor and MOUS Master Certified. Sr. Instructional Designer for International IT Certification for Activ, the only UK-based provider of approved training and testing software for ECDL Foundation and British Computer Society Qualifications

Vocational School Instructor in the Microsoft Office Suite . I am Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Master Certified and was certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor. ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010. Sr Instructional Designer for International IT Certification and test designer for Skills Advantage,

MOUS Master Certified, was Certified as a MOUS Authorized Instructor, ICDL certified, Microsoft Office 2010.