Microsoft Word/Microsoft Word 2007 - Footer Question

Hi Karen,

How do I retain all specifications of a footer that includes specific alignment and multiple graphics, so I can copy/paste in future documents or save it to the gallery of footer templates?

Hi there Aaron

I don't know if there any any "footer template" function in Word, however you could simply save the whole document (containing only your footer) as a custom template so that you can refer to it for future usage.

To save a document as a template, simply choose File - Save As and in file type, choose Word Template (.dot). Word will automatically choose the destination folder, which is a system folder. You may change this if you want, however if you want it to perform like a part of Word, it's probably a good idea to just use the default Templates folder.

I hope this is in some way helpful!

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Karen Lee Biddle

I'be been using Word and other Windows Office software for a long time now and am happy to help you find a solution to to your problem or query. Sometimes I may not have the answer, but hopefully I can put you in the right direction!

Word: experienced with tables, mail merge, graphics, paragraph styles, sections, tables of contents/index. Excel: some formula experience and happy to help find the right formula for the required output.