Microsoft Word/portrait and landscape modes

Question
Greetings Mr. Heritage,

I have the MS Word 2010. My question is about Page Layout, more specifically page orientation (portrait or landscape). Would it be possible to mix pages in the portrait mode with those in the landscape mode in the same file? I can not seem to have both page orientations alternately in one file.

Answer
Yes this is possible, and is the same method as in earlier versions of word.  At the point you want to make the layout change, insert a section break (this is actually on the PAGE LAYOUT ribbon - it needs to be a next page break.  On your new page change the orientation, but do this by using the little button to the right of the Page Setup section name at the bottom of that section.  This will bring up the Page layout dialog.  Ensure that you apply the change to this section (or this point forwards).  You will then have the first set of pages one way round, and the remainder the other way.  To put it back again (so you could have some portait, a couple landscape, then back to portrait) repeat the process of inserting section breaks etc.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage