Microsoft Word/Word 2007 template issues

Question
I have a template in 97-03 version. We open it in 2007 and go to save it as a new 97-03 document. when we then open the document we find that the styles "Based on" font seems to have changed and more styles have been created. When we "Open & Repair" this document it mentions a "Styles 1" issue, which it fails to fix.

Any ideas if this is a word 07 compatibility bug and if there is a patch. It saves fine in .dotx, and is find in word 2010 to save at 97-03 format.

Answer
I'm sorry I don't have the resources here to check this problem, otherwise I'd ask if you could send the file for me to inspect. However, I'm sure if you Google this particular issue you will find the answer you need.

Sometimes a problem with fonts can occur when on a different computer if the font is not installed on the different computer or operating system... something to look into, just in case.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

regards
-Karen
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Karen Lee Biddle