Microsoft Word/word

QUESTION: two points

1. i have a word document which has a logo which i put onto it from another document  i now want to put it on a new document  this new document is basically a word document but of the type like can i do this?

2. i want to spell check this third application form but cannot spell check the computer will not do it

thank you

ANSWER: If you can copy and paste the logo into a new document, then yes, you can do it. Or, if you have a recent version of Word, you can right-click on the logo and use Save As Picture to save it as a graphics file, which you can then insert into any document using Insert | Illustrations | Picture.

If the form uses legacy form fields and is protected for filling in forms, then you won't be able to spell-check it without a macro (

QUESTION: 1. when i come to insert picture everything is grayed out  so no action

2. macro is a little beyond me  so i guess we will leave these two

but thank you for your quick response    my word is 2010

If you're trying to insert a picture into a protected form, then you won't be able to do that, either. In a protected form, all you can do is type text into the provided fields (though you could try pasting a picture). If it's not a protected form, then there might be some other issue. If the document was created in 2010, it might be using content controls, but that could still limit what you can do with it.

As for the macro, see for help.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I've been using Word for Windows since version 2.0 (1992), and the more I learn about it, the more I realize how little I know. But I may know a few things that you don't, and I'll help if I can. I answer many questions every day in Microsoft's peer support forums and as a result have been awarded the MVP (Most Valuable Professional) designation by Microsoft Corporation. You may be able to find the answer to your question at the Word MVPs' FAQ site or at my own Word FAQ site, so please check those first! Please, no questions about VBA (macros), Registry editing, networks, or complex merges, as I have no experience with these aspects of Word, nor do I have any experience with Word for Mac. Please indicate which version of Word you are using; if you are not sure, see "What version of Word do I have?".

I have a master's degree in classics (Latin), which is surprisingly helpful, though I no longer teach. The things I am proudest of: Having raised two children to maturity, both Merit Scholars, both college graduates (one a philosophy major!), one Phi Beta Kappa (from Harvard!); having been made a Paul Harris Fellow by my Rotary club; having been designated a Microsoft MVP.

Rotary Club of Fairhope, Friends of the Fairhope Public Library

B.A. (Latin), Agnes Scott College, 1966; M.A. (Classics), Emory University, 1972.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award every year since 1999; many Rotary honors