Microsoft Word/separate pages from a larger document

Question
QUESTION: i am trying your recommendation     is there a way to separate 20 pages in the middle of a document of about 70 pages, and make a separate file    i can then use that file to word edit that smaller document of 20 pages     thank you

ANSWER: Once you have the PDF open in Word, you can edit it in just the same way you would any other Word document, including adding and removing pages. Save a copy of the file as a .docx and proceed from there. Alternatively, you could select and copy just the 20 pages you want and paste them in a new document.

QUESTION: i used the popup pencil tool which gives you a square which you then use to high light the pages of interest   but the square does not move beyond a few pages and then stops   i have seen this again and again in the past also could you please advise how to cover all the about 50 required pages in the large pdf thank you

Answer
I'm not sure what tool you're referring to (sounds like the Draw Table tool, which you definitely don't want). To select multiple pages, click at the beginning of the desired selection, then use the slider on the vertical scroll bar to bring the end of the desired selection in view and Shift+Click there.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill