Microsoft Word/using the newer office suites

Question
hello Richard!

My computer holds Microsoft Office Suites 2007 and 2010, and uses Windows 7.
My hard drive has "186 GB free, out of 232 GB".
I want to install the Office Suite 2013 or 2014.

Is it wise to remove the 2007 suite? I want to avoid overloading because 3 suites can slow down all computer activities, be it routine keyboard work or on-line work.

Also, can you comment  on the 2013 and 2014 suites? Is the 2014 suite completely free of bugs, or is it still undergoing  "fixing"?

Whether it's the 2013 or 2014 suite, I want to be able to work with the major programs, i.e., Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.

Thanks for your reply.

Answer
There is no Office 2014. Office 2013 is the latest version.

Unless there's a specific reason WHY you need 2007 and 2010, I would UNINSTALL them and then install Office 2013 fresh.

I'm pretty sure by now they've fixed any major bugs in 2013.

Cordially,
Richard Rost
Microsoft MVP
Computer Learning Zone
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Richard Rost