Microsoft Word/aligning small size pages in Word 2013.

Hello Suzanne, how are you?

Using Word 2010 and Windows 7, when I shrink the document size to, say, 3.5" wide x 3" high, the pages line up, one NEXT to the other, as:
         *    *   *
(each asterisk represents a rectangular page).

By using the ZOOM feature, I can adjust so that there are 2 or 3 or 4 pages in a row.

But when I use Word 2013 and Windows 7 and I shrink the document size to 3.5" wide x 3" high, the pages line up, one BELOW the other, as:
I want to be able to align the pages in Word 2013 as I do in Word 2010.
Can you help?

In Word 2013, I find that if I lower the Zoom enough, the pages will lay out horizontally, but if you want to force this layout, you could try using View | Zoom | Multiple Pages, or use View | Zoom | Zoom and select the "Many pages" radio button, then choose the desired array from the dropdown below. It's unfortunate that Word 2013, unlike Word 2010, doesn't offer direct access to this dialog from the status bar (in Word 2010, you can click on the Zoom percentage to open the dialog), but maybe this will do what you want.

Correction: This still works the same in Word 2013, but the percentage is to the right of the slider rather than on the left. Clicking on it brings up the Zoom dialog as before.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I've been using Word for Windows since version 2.0 (1992), and the more I learn about it, the more I realize how little I know. But I may know a few things that you don't, and I'll help if I can. I answer many questions every day in Microsoft's peer support forums and as a result have been awarded the MVP (Most Valuable Professional) designation by Microsoft Corporation. You may be able to find the answer to your question at the Word MVPs' FAQ site or at my own Word FAQ site, so please check those first! Please, no questions about VBA (macros), Registry editing, networks, or complex merges, as I have no experience with these aspects of Word, nor do I have any experience with Word for Mac. Please indicate which version of Word you are using; if you are not sure, see "What version of Word do I have?".

I have a master's degree in classics (Latin), which is surprisingly helpful, though I no longer teach. The things I am proudest of: Having raised two children to maturity, both Merit Scholars, both college graduates (one a philosophy major!), one Phi Beta Kappa (from Harvard!); having been made a Paul Harris Fellow by my Rotary club; having been designated a Microsoft MVP.

Rotary Club of Fairhope, Friends of the Fairhope Public Library

B.A. (Latin), Agnes Scott College, 1966; M.A. (Classics), Emory University, 1972.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award every year since 1999; many Rotary honors