Microsoft Word/word

Suzanne, I understand your comment. I am now working on an assignment which I have to submit Monday 4 Aug morning. I went through the other names but each takes a long time to respond, about 24 hours

if you could see one more time, will be grateful

all the work below has to be done in coordination so that the whole sum is a satisfactory one   therefore if you could indicate the right sequence, it would help a lot

1.have two sets of word documents, 18 and 21 pages
2. I have to put a common header and also link the headers so that a change of any one will affect all the rest

3.I have to number them sequentially   the very first cover page will not be numbered

4. what about section break?   what if I see a section break   does this combined package of 39 pages need or needs not section breaks  again if I see one or mor,e  do I delete them

5. I remember there is a kind of formula which involves   [page +1-----? which seemed to work well   I do not remember it now

now at home I have 2010, work has 2013
thank you very much

the above effort has to be done in a team   one thing out of place somewhere, will not work

Unless there is a need for a section break for some other reason, there is no need for a section break between the documents. Just put a page break at the end of the first document and then use Insert | Text | Object | Text from File to insert the second one at the end. By default the entire document will have the same header, which you can type or paste. Use Alt+Shift+P to insert a page number. Check the box for "Different First Page" to omit a page number on the first page. If the combined document contains section breaks, you can select and delete them, but if the section breaks are necessary (change of margins, number of columns, page orientation, etc.), then you will have to leave them. Turn on Link to Previous in each header after the first so that the whole document has a common header.

I have told you every one of these things before, and you keep asking the same questions over and over.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill

I've been using Word for Windows since version 2.0 (1992), and the more I learn about it, the more I realize how little I know. But I may know a few things that you don't, and I'll help if I can. I answer many questions every day in Microsoft's peer support forums and as a result have been awarded the MVP (Most Valuable Professional) designation by Microsoft Corporation. You may be able to find the answer to your question at the Word MVPs' FAQ site or at my own Word FAQ site, so please check those first! Please, no questions about VBA (macros), Registry editing, networks, or complex merges, as I have no experience with these aspects of Word, nor do I have any experience with Word for Mac. Please indicate which version of Word you are using; if you are not sure, see "What version of Word do I have?".

I have a master's degree in classics (Latin), which is surprisingly helpful, though I no longer teach. The things I am proudest of: Having raised two children to maturity, both Merit Scholars, both college graduates (one a philosophy major!), one Phi Beta Kappa (from Harvard!); having been made a Paul Harris Fellow by my Rotary club; having been designated a Microsoft MVP.

Rotary Club of Fairhope, Friends of the Fairhope Public Library

B.A. (Latin), Agnes Scott College, 1966; M.A. (Classics), Emory University, 1972.

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award every year since 1999; many Rotary honors