Microsoft Word/authors' names in Word 2013

Question
Hello again, Suzanne!

I've been in touch with you regarding the subject.
I'm unable to make use of your suggestions; I just don't get it.

Am I correct in assuming that you conclude that Word 2013 is different from Word 2010 with respect to this subject?
Namely, in Word 2010, the name appearing in the Reviewing Pane was the true author of the revision, be it a deletion and/or insertion. But in Word 2013, the only name that appears in the Reviewing Pane is that of the owner of the software.

I value your response.

Chris

Answer
I really don't understand the question. Are you saying that, when you get a document that contains changes and comments made by someone else, you're seeing your name attributed to them? Or that, when you make changes or add comments to a document you've received from someone else, you are seeing the author's name instead of yours?

The name that will be displayed in the changes you make and the comments you add will be the User Name that is entered at File | Options | General. If you are using someone else's copy of Word, you must change that name to your own and check the box for "Always use these values regardless of sign-in to Office." That way, even if the copy of Word belongs to someone else, you can use your name as the Reviewer.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Suzanne S. Barnhill