Microsoft Word/Deleting extra space between table rows

Catalog page
Catalog page  
Dear Mr. Stephens,

The attached image shows you part of a Word where each description needs a picture of its book to go with it.  I've created another document with a 10-row, three-column table, where I pasted a picture-description into each box the computer created by drawing borders.  Too often, though, the machine puts too much whitespace between rows, partly because many boxes are too wide and too tall.  What can I do to narrow the gaps between the rows to make that spacing as uniform as possible?  Thanks for your help.

I think you may be better off doing away with the table, and going with a 3 column document - this would do the same thing, but wouldn't have the constraints that the table imposes on you, with each cell in a given row of the table being the same height (which I think is probably the problem here).

I hope that this helps - question was found in the question pool which means that the original expert was either unable or unwilling to help.
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions of Word from 2 onwards