Microsoft Word/finding reviewers' names in the Reviewing Pane

Question
Hello Karen!

The issue is that of a document's author.
I use Word 2013 and Windows 7. I am also well acquainted with Word 2010.

My question:  When using Word 2010, with the Review tab active and the Reviewing Pane on the screen, I open a file and make some
deletions and insertions. In the Reviewing Pane, I can follow all these actions. I observe the name of the person making these changes. The name is identical to that of the author.
Here is where the problem comes in. In Word 2010 the author whose name appears in the Pane is identical to the name that can be seen when clicking File>Options. In the middle of the Options screen, one can see an author's name and initials.
But....in Word 2013 that is not the case!  The name of the person making changes is not that seen on the Options screen. It is a name
that is seen when clicking File and in this File screen, towards the middle right is an entry for the author. It is a different name from that
seen in the Options screen.

I may be confusing you, and for that I apologize. But the bottom line is that when using Word 2013, the name of the person making changes
should be visible in the Reviewing Pane just as it is in Word 2010, not the name of an author seen when clicking File.

I'm thinking that I need to change some setting or settings, but I don't know.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Chris

I don't have experience with this, however I think this may be the answer, regarding the Trust Centre settings... your privacy options may be the cause...
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/word-2010-how-t

In case of the possibility that your author name is not set (such as in a home environment where you might not be on a network), here is guide to editing the name... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010se-word/how-to-change

If you do already have your user name set, my strongest guess is for the first option above, whereby privacy settings are stopping the name from being displayed.

I hope I've helped!

cheers
Karen

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Karen Lee Biddle