Microsoft Word/reviewers; names in the Reviewing Pane

Hello, Michelle!

The issue is that of a document's author.
I use Word 2013 and Windows 7. I am also well acquainted with Word 2010.

In Word 2010, the author's name appears when you click the File tab, scroll down to Options. There you can see the author's name and initials.
If you click File>Options you will see the author's name and initials. The name and that seen on the page accessed by clicking File, IS THE SAME!
When working in a document, clicking the Review tab, opening the Reviewing Pane, you can make changes such as deletions and insertions, and see the name in the Pane that you see in File>Options.
If another author inserts the document in her file (which has her name in the File>Options screen) and she proceeds to make insertions and/or deletions, her name will appear in the Reviewing Pane. So there will be two names in the Pane, that of the original author and that of the reviewer.

BUT... in Word 2013 thing are quite different. I do not see the above! In Word 2013, when you click the File tab, you can see an author's name. When you click File>Options, you see a different name. Opening a file and its Reviewing Pane, ANY CHANGE MADE, BE IT BY THE AUTHOR OR BY A REVIEWER, THE ONLY NAME APPEARING IN THE PANE IS THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR. THE REVIEWER'S NAME NEVER APPEARS!

I may be confusing you, and for that I apologize. But the bottom line is that when using Word 2013, the name of the person making changes should be visible in the Reviewing Pane just as it is in Word 2010, not the name of an author seen when clicking File.

I'm thinking that I need to change some setting or settings, but I don't know.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Tracked Changes
Tracked Changes  
Hi Chris,

I did a test from 2010 to 2013 from different computers to see if various authors maintain their associations and they do. I also went to Review tab and made some modifications (see attached graphic containing screenshots).

If this is not what you were looking for, please reply and I will do my best to assist.

Hope this was helpful.

Michelle Howell, Microsoft Office PC and Mac
Microsoft 2007 | 2010 | 2011 | 2013 Excel | Outlook | PowerPoint | Word | RFP | Request for Proposal | Adobe PDF XI Pro| |
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Michelle Howell

MS Word Expert

I can answer questions relating to Microsoft Word 2007, 2010 or 2013. I am the owner of a Document Solutions Company specializing in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel - The Proof Positive Group, LLC.

BASIC Creating a Basic Document | Editing a Document | Formatting Text | Formatting Paragraphs | Adding Tables | Inserting Graphic Objects | Controlling Page Appearance | Proofing a Document
INTERMEDIATE Managing Lists | Customizing Tables & Charts | Customizing Formatting | Styles | Themes | Modifying Pictures | Creating Customized Graphic Elements | Inserting Content | Quick Parts | Controlling Text Flow | Using Templates to Automate Document Creation | Automating Mail Merges
ADVANCED Using Word 2007-2013 with Other Programs | Collaborating on Documents | Managing Document Versions | Adding Reference Marks and Notes | Long Documents | Document Security
CANNOT ANSWER MAC questions do not own one | 97 - 2003 no longer have software for reference | OpenOffice related questions do not have experience with this interface.

Michelle Howell's Website: Microsoft Word Expert

Proposal, presentation and coordination professional possessing over fifteen years experience with diverse industries including investment banking, marketing, consulting, defense, aerospace and other contracting agencies. In depth software knowledge and certifications including Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2000 and 2003 certifications as well as extensive training and experience in Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and Adobe products (CS6 & Acrobat X Pro). Projects have included production coordination, financial reporting, database maintenance, template design of various manuals, design of numerous high-end electronic presentations and form design. Years of experience as an operator and supervisor in multiple Microsoft Office based proposal centers in NYC, Connecticut and Colorado.

Microsoft 2007 | 2010 | 2013 | Excel | PowerPoint | Word | RFP | Request for Proposal | Adobe PDF X Pro| Templates | Boilerplates | Coordination | Forms

Michelle Howell's Profile on LinkedIn

Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) 2003 Excel | Outlook | PowerPoint | Expert Word Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 2000 | Excel | Outlook | PowerPoint | Expert Word

AOR | AT&T | Ball Aerospace | Blue Wing Services | Boeing | Brains at Work | C&H Consulting | Citicorp | Colomer Group | Duke Energy | EDS | EquaTerra | Equation | General Dynamics | Goyak Consulting | HB Management | INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH MARKETING (ISM) | M.D. Anderson Cancer Center | Marsh Fischmann & Breyfogle | McClain Finlon | Merit Mile Communications | Nevion USA | Pearson eCollege | Plasmon | Raytheon | Space Imaging | Tactical Training Specialists (TTS) | The Brendle Group | TM Design | Trineum Partners | UBS | Valpak | Vexcel | WillowTree Advisors | Zeto Creative