Microsoft Word/Text Boxes Moving with Page Breaks

Question
I have scanned my company letterhead in TIF format. Right click and copied into a blank Word document wherein I have set the margins to “narrow”. Then, I make the text box larger (barely any top/bottom/left/right margins). Set wrap to “behind”; anchored to page (horizontal and vertical); and deselected widows and orphans.

I can now have my letterhead template on the screen, space down, center/type in date, etc.

When I insert a page break, though, sometimes I get a blank second page (which is what I want to insert a header and continue my letter). Other times my text box will move to the second page. This can happen all in the same document. No rhyme or reason for this that I can figure out.

I just want to be able to scan my letterhead, create a template, type my letter on one or more pages, save and print.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? I am using Word 2007. Thank you so much for your time and assistance.

Martha

Answer
difficult to be certain but I would guess the page break is going in on the wrong side of the graphic - however, what I would do would be to edit the header and insert the graphic in that area - you can set the document to have different headers on first and subsequent pages to avoid the letterhead repeating.  By doing this, there is no danger of repositioning the graphic (which by the way doesn't need to go in a text box - it can just be inserted as a picture), and it's a lot easier (you don't usually haev to worry about the wrapping of the text).

I hope this helps but if I can help further do let me know - if you need to contact me directly (eg with a sample file) you can get me at aidan.heritage@virgin.net
About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Aidan Heritage