Microsoft Word/word processing

How can I create a news letter using ms word 2007 as well as mail labels and creating of data source for the merging. Thanks.

Hi Solomon,

I don't create newsletters but I have used Microsoft Word for mailing labels and envelopes.

Since my wife is about to take over the newsletter chores for an organization she belongs to this question came at a good time.

First thing I would do is create a data source for the mailing labels

Second I would create the newsletter or you could do the newsletter first it is your choice

Third I would use the Mail Merge function to create my mailing lables

There are a lot of parts to your question and I am going to direct you to some self help from Microsoft and others to start with.

If you still need some guidance after you look over and work a little with all this stuff write me back.

Good luck.

Dale :-)

Ps. Once you get started making these different documents be sure and Save often then backup you stuff.

Thanks to Johnny Rogers for a great step by step instructional video on how to Create a Newsletter With Microsoft Word 2007

Microsoft Word 2007 Tutorials

GFC Learn Free

Word 2007 training courses and tutorials

Or just go to the help Icon in the upper right corner of the screen it is a blue circle with question mark in the middle, then type in tutorial

About Microsoft Word
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Word stand-alone or Microsoft Office Word including Word 2003, Word 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Word help on formatting text, tables, tabs, fonts, styles, general Word layouts, bullets, headings, and outlines, using templates, toolbar modifications, and using Track Changes. You may also find tips on linking Word and Excel embedded objects including charts. This site does not provide a general Word tutorial nor the basics of using a word processor. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Word only. If you do not see your Word question answered in this area then please ask a Word question here

Microsoft Word

Dale F. Wiley

I must report that I donít use Word 2003, 2007 or 2010 and have yet to be convinced that I need them. Microsoft Word 97 Microsoft Word 2000 Microsoft Word 2002 Please note: I will not answer questions about Fields, Statements, Formulas, Macros, creating and writing specific macros, VBA (Visual Basic Editor) and the Microsoft Script Editor I am willing to answer questions about: Envelopes, Mailing Labels, Database, Graphics, WordArt, Interactive Forms, Formatting, Faxes, Letters, Lists, Newsletters, Tables, Web Pages, Email, Hyperlinks, Bookmarks, HTML, Table of Contents, Footnotes, Endnotes, AutoText, AutoCorrect, Headers and Footers, Converting Documents, Customizing Toolbars and Toolbar Icons, Margins, Page Settings, Layout, Dictionaries, Languages, Find and Replace, Mail Merge, Printing, Saving Cut, Copy, Paste, Paste Special, Office Clipboard, Keyboard Shortcuts, Font Lists, Customizing, Options, Templates, Bullets, Numbering, Borders, Using Themes, Fields, Symbols, Document Map, Find and Replace, etc.

Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word in particular is one of the most popular programs that our firm, Computer Help provides instruction, one on one tutoring and consultation. I personally use MS Word for almost every task: Envelopes, Mailing Labels, Database, WordArt, Interactive Forms, Faxes, Letters, Lists, Newsletters, Tables, Email Editor and much more. The exception, Graphics and Web Pages. For graphics I use Ulead's PhotoImpact and Microsoft's FrontPage for web site design.

Our column, COMPUTER Help's Q&A The Internet - E-mail,
appears in the Sun City Center PC Computer Club's Newsletter.

Formerly the #1 rated Microsoft Word Expert at since volunteering there in December 2000. In that time, responding to thousands of questions most of which were specific to Microsoft Word.